This month I have included a lovely King Cole yarn, Authentic. It is a cotton mix DK. Each ball is 100g and contains approx 242m. In terms of washing instructions it can be washed on a 30°cycle but don’t put it into the tumble drier, just lay it flat to dry. The King Cole Authentic retails at £3.99 per ball
The mini box doesn’t contain any patterns but I have put together a list of patterns that would be perfect for the yarn. This list comprises of both knitting and crochet patterns, listing patterns for tops for women and little ones, scarves and home items. I would love to see what you come up with. I will keep adding to this list as I come across suitable patterns. This list, with direct links to patterns, can be found here in this blog post. It is also here on Pinterest.
As well as some coconut shell buttons, this month there were 2 little treats! The first item is a pattern keeper (or pattern minder) This is a handmade item which will allow you to keep track of what row you are on in the pattern. It’s a magnet so you just snap it onto the pattern and just pull it down gently with your hand to the next row when needed. The magnets are fairly strong too which means it shouldn’t move when you put your work down and come back to it again at a later date. The second item is a pack of Yarn Talkers. These are really handy to have. Just write down any important info onto the top, pattern name, hook or needle size, date, anything and just slot it into the middle of the ball. That way, if you leave your project for any length of time then when you come back to it you will have all the important details to hand. They are also really handy if you lose the ball band!
Onto the patterns I have found that would be perfect for the King Cole Authentic yarn. First up…crochet!
- Snow Day Socks – A free pattern which is perfect for those new to crocheting socks
- Ups and Down Cowl – A free pattern from the fabulous Tamara Kelly of Moogly
- Boy Sweater – A paid pattern from Petit Mon Violon
- Basic Hot Water Bottle Covers – A free pattern
- Baby Kimono – A free pattern from Lion Brand
- Tunisian Resolution Scarf – A free pattern which is a brilliant introduction to Tunisian crochet
- Ups and Down Slouchy Beanie – To match the cowl from designer Tamara Kelly
And not forgetting our fabulous knitters! Why not check these patterns out?
- Cerus Scarf – A free pattern knitted using the linen stitch
- Bond Jumper – A paid pattern available in both German and English
- DK Rib Socks – A free pattern to create a gorgeous pair of thick walking socks
- Beanie Anouk – A paid pattern which would use just 1 ball
- Simple Yet Effective Cowl – A free pattern perfect for both male and female
- Hot Water Bottle Cover – A free pattern
- The Kumfy™ Schlüttli – A stunning pattern based upon a tradition Swiss cardigan style
Don’t forget to use our super special hashtag #hiyminibox when posting your photos of completed items to social media. You will be in with the chance to win 50% off your next mini box – Don’t worry if you bought the next box already or are a 12 month subscriber. If you win you will receive a 50% refund straight back to your account!
If you haven’t done already why not sign up for the September Mini Box? It’s going to be another amazing box! Check it out here